TIE Mangler

Craft: Seinar Fleet Systems TIE Mangler
Type: Heavy Assault Starfighter
Scale: Starfighter
Length: 12 meters
Skill: Starship Piloting: TIE Mangler
Crew: 2
Cargo Capacity: 100 kg
Consumables: 5 days
Cost: Not Available For Sale
Hyperdrive: x1
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: 2D
Space: 10
Atmosphere: 333; 1,200 kph
Hull: 3D
Shields: 2D
Sensors:
Passive: 35/1D
Scan: 50/2D
Search: 75/3D
Focus: 3/3D

Weapons:
2 Light Turbolaser Cannons
Fire Arc: Front
Fire Control: 3D
Space: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5km
Damage: 6D

3 Heavy Laser Cannons
Fire Arc: Front
Fire Control: 2D
Space: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5km
Damage: 5D+2

2 Hidden Ion Cannons
Fire Arc: Front
Fire Control: 3D
Space: 1-3/7/16
Atmosphere Range: 100/300/1.6km
Damage: 6D

1 Heavy Energy Torpedo Launcher
Fire Arc: Front
Fire Control: 2D
Space: 1/3/7
Atmosphere Range: 50-100/300/700
Damage: 9D

Background: The TIE Mangler is made to do be almost everything a fighter should be, it’s extremely fast, decently armored, heavily shielded, and it has firepower that is dangerous to anything from a light fighter which it would vaporize with it’s light turbolasers to corvettes which when with a squadron of these, they can easily take bigger capital ships down given time, they are used as a mainline heavy starfighter by both the Imperial Remnant and DCFS and used very effectively by both. It was designed around the Taking of Coruscant for the Galactic Empire and later the Imperial Remnant, the first few thousand wouldn’t see action until the Second Galactic Civil War, where the Imperial Remnant have around 60% of the original order, while the DCFS have the other 40% of them, as the war waged on they were quickly starting to be mass produced by both sides, for the DCFS it had a fighter that was quickly becoming one of the most reliable designs in the galaxy. Pilots loved their TIE Manglers because of how good they were and because of how dangerous they are to enemy capital ships, once the Imperial Remnant joined the DCFS it become even more widely used, and for how the Imperial Pilots felt towards these ships is, the loved them as well, because they were finally being given something that could survive a battle and isn’t meant to be cannon fodder, it also shows them that the new Imperial Remnant cares about their lives and are actively trying to make sure pilots come home from missions and campaigns, raising moral.

PT White

I've been involved in creating content for Star Wars The Role Playing Game since 1992 and consider myself a Star Wars Super Fan and knowledge bank for the Star Wars Universe.

Leave a Reply

Number of dice

Type of die:

Modifier


Result: